Whether you are registering your vehicle for the first time or you have been behind the wheels for a few years, you may be required to get a pink slip. Furthermore, pink slip, also known as eSafety check is a report which proves that your vehicle is roadworthy. Most light vehicles more than 5 years old will require an eSafety check before they can be registered in NSW. Furthermore, the pink slip inspection in Camperdown is a comprehensive safety check of several different systems and parts of your vehicle, including the brakes, seats and restraints, suspension, engine and overall body condition, wheels and tyres among other factors.
Even though you are under no legal obligation to carry out the repairs after the inspection, it’s illegal to drive an unregistered and unroadworthy car. Read on to find out five things you need to know about pink slip inspection.
1. Types of vehicle– Generally, light vehicles more than five years old require a pink slip inspection before you can renew the registration. Furthermore, light vehicles include, passenger cars, all motorcycles, goods carrying vehicles with Gross Vehicle Mass of 4.5 tonnes or less, trailers and caravans with an aggregate trailer mass of 4.5 tonnes or less.
2. Failed safety checks- If your vehicle fails the safety check, you can’t renew the registration until the required repairs are made. Moreover, the AIS station will issue a Repairs Needed report showing what repairs are required. Furthermore, If the repairs are completed within 14 days, the car can be reassessed at the same AIS station with no additional safety check fees.
3. Validity of pink slip– Light vehicle safety check inspection reports are valid for six months. Furthermore, this means that you’ll need to use the report to renew registration within six months of having the safety check.
4. Areas checked during inspection- When you go to get your pink slip, your mechanic will assess your car on a number of factors and run a variety of tests and checks that must be passed. Moreover, your vehicle will be assessed on tyre quality and tread depth, vehicle body condition, seatbelt condition, engine/suspension/exhaust and driveline condition, brake efficiency test among others.
5. Time- Generally, pink slip inspections take thirty minutes to complete and the results are valid for six months.
While these were some of the things you need to know about pink slip inspection in Camperdown, there are many others, such as vehicles can be taken for pink slip inspection anywhere up to six months prior to the registration expiration date, cost among many others.