It goes without saying, that getting your car painted can give it a whole new appeal while protecting its metal components at the same time. Furthermore, a new paint job can restore your car’s appearance to what it looked like when it came fresh from the assembly line. Besides, getting your car spray-painted is also an investment in many ways. Not only will you treat yourself to a vehicle with a like-new finish, but you will also add to its residual or resale value. By investing in repainting, you can also get a higher trade-in value for an older vehicle. However, while you can find a plethora of companies offering spray painting services in Stanmore, there are still a number of factors that you need to take into consideration before getting your car painted.
Furthermore, if you’ve been considering a paint job, take some time to really research the subject. Read on to find out five things to consider before getting your car painted.
1. Evaluate the auto paint shop- Finding the right shop to do the paint on your car is not always easy. Furthermore, if you are new to the shop, the only way to evaluate the shop is on testimonials and past work. Take a look at the cars they are working on, look up reviews and testimonials online, and talk to the shop owner and staff a little before making your decision. If the auto paint shop feels like a good fit, then you have found the right place.
2. Colour- When it comes to getting your car painted, make sure you determine the paint colour for your vehicle. Furthermore, make sure you are certain about your choice. The last thing you want is to regret the colour of the car or get bored with the new shade somewhere along the line. It’s always a good idea to aim for simple, timeless colour choices, so you can never go wrong.
3. Cost- Without a doubt, a crucial factor that you need to take into consideration before getting your car painted is the cost. Furthermore, prices for car painting depend on a few different factors- mainly prep work required, the number of parts and panels to be painted, and the quality of the paint used. When you request an estimate for a car painting, make sure you ask the auto repair shop to put the included surface prep measures in writing. You will want to assure that damage will be repaired or minimised before getting repainted and know exactly which parts will be painted. In addition, be sure that the estimate also includes a final clear coat for a long-lasting paint job.
4. Prepare the body of the car- A good paint job starts with good body preparation. Furthermore, many shops offer paint services without any body prep, but even a brand new car will have dings or scratches on the body. If you do the bodywork yourself, you can use one of these shops, but you will be happier with the final product if you have the body shop prep the body for you.
5. Select the right type of paint- Another major factor that you need to take into account before getting your car painted is making sure you choose the right type of paint. Furthermore, there are many different types of paint, with a diverse range in terms of quality and durability. Before you make the right choice, it’s important to know exactly what you are getting. If possible, it’s highly recommended to ask for advice if you get a chance. Besides, asking your trusted car shop is a great way to get the opinion of a seasoned expert who has done countless paint job through their career.
While these were some of the things that you need to consider before getting your car painted, there are many others, such as consider paint durability, quality among many others. Are you looking for the best spray painting service in Stanmore? Well, then make sure you visit Lewisham Smash Repairs. They offer a broad range of car spray painting services at affordable rates. You can visit their website at lewishamsmashrepairs.com.au.